Sunday, November 2, 2014

Floral Headband

A lot of the DIYs I do stem directly from something that I'd like to have but- A.) don't want to pay a ton of money for or B.) it's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm a problem solver so I typically figure out a way to do it myself. And that is how this little project came along.
I had been looking for a flower headband/crown for months and finally decided to make one (or six). It's more fun that way!

These are super easy. A lot of the supplies you probably already have.
I got the flowers and headbands at the Dollar Store.


You're going to need:
- Elastic headbands
- Fake flowers
- Hot glue gun
- Scissors or wire cutters
- Gem stones (optional)
-Something like a basket to wrap the headband around

Step 1.

Put the elastic headband around a basket or a bowl to stretch it out to size. This is to make sure the flowers aren't stretched out and in a weird location once you put the finished headband on.

Step 2.

Cut off the stems to make sure the flowers will lay flat against the headband.

Step 3.

Start gluing! Add as many or as few as your heart desires.

Step 4.
(Optional)

I added a few gems to a couple of my headbands. I like a little subtle sparkle sometimes.

And that's it. You're done!

Here are some more I made. I may have gone a little headband crazy...




The longer one with the white ribbon is more a crown. It would be so pretty in the summertime with some wavy hair!



It's a fun way to brighten up your day!
They would also make really cute gifts.

As always, have fun with it!






No comments:

Post a Comment