Monday, June 2, 2014

Miami Dolphins Wreath

Wow, it's been a long time since our last post! Sorry, we suck.
We will try our best this summer to make up for our lack of posting! 

As my first post back from a long hiatus, I'm going to post what is possibly one of my favorite things that I have made. 

It looks incredible and is totally representative of the person for whom I made it. 
Sorry for the low picture quality, these are the best ones that I have. 




Yeah, that's right, the Miami Dolphins have reverted back into their childhood forms. 




This project all started when my ex moved into a condo with a ceramic cherub wreath hanging in the back patio. As a joke, his dad sad "no matter what happens, you have to keep that wreath."
So as a Christmas present one year, I made the wreath something that he would want to keep, no matter what happens. 


I started by cleaning the wreath and priming it with white paint. 




Next, I went through and started painting all of the leaves Miami Dolphins aqua blue and orange. 






When the leaves were completed, I got the names and numbers for each player that he wanted on a cherub. 
I spent a lot of time on Google looking at pictures of them. 
Once I got a good idea of what they looked like and labelled which player would be which, I started painting the skin and hair for each individual player. 




After I had painted their hair and bodies, it was time to add names and numbers to the jerseys. 

#13 - Dan Marino

#19 - Brandon Marshall

#23 - Ronnie Brown

#99 - Jason Taylor

#34 - Ricky Williams 

And coach Don Shula.


When I finally finished painting all of the players (which took forever), I sprayed the whole wreath with a clear protective top layer and it was finally finished!








I wish I had some better quality photos of this thing, because these don't really showcase how amazing it actually is. 






No comments:

Post a Comment