Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Long Overdue... Vacations!!

Shelby and I have been major slackers lately. 

With the last post, we promised that we would put up some pictures of our awesome vacations. 


I posted my Bahamas photos,
I don't know where Shelby's photos from her visit South are,

but I do have Chicago and Wisconsin!!



Even though my vacation started in Wisconsin, and Shelby's started down south, I met her in Chicago and our trip together started there.

We stayed at a cool, haunted hotel...

Saw the giant bean...

Had cocktails on the 96th floor of the Hancock Tower...

Saw a bunch of Frank Lloyd Wright designed homes...

And other buildings that had Shelby screaming like a teenager who just met Bieber.





After Chicago, we headed back to Spring Green, Wisconsin. 


 There, we had the privilege of staying at Taliesin with the Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture. 


We enjoyed awesome scenery...

Went to a farm...

Swam in the Wisconsin River...

Went to the House on the Rock....

(Where they had a scary, giant whale) 

Visited Madison...

And saw Hamlet performed by the American Player's Theater on an awesome stage in the middle of the woods.


Oh, and we bought a lot of shoes. 

But now, we are back home in AZ and not ready to get back to real life.

Vacations are way better. 



Anyway, we have a lot of posts about arts and crafts ready to go, so we'll get on those soon!
I also just started up school, and I have a whole bunch of cool stuff in my classroom that I want to share. 









No comments:

Post a Comment